Marie Caci, CMP, CPCE, CSEP
MASTER MEETING AND EVENT STRATEGIST
Marketing | Promotions | Business Development
Click here to download a PDF copy of this resume
Quality-driven and financially astute certified event and meeting manager with more than 15 plus years experience creating, strategizing, marketing, and flawlessly executing a wide spectrum of events while exceeding planned attendance and revenue. Stellar record building brand-awareness, achieving client's financial goals through B2B and B2C outreach within a budget-conscious environment. Event attendees: 10 to 50,000 with budgets: $500 to $500,000.
CORE COMPETENCES INCLUDE:
Proficient in MS Office, Cvent, Constant Contact, and Raiser's Edge software.
- FIVE TIME WINNER, Boston Globe IMPACT Award for Excellence in Performance (2003-2005)
- President's Award Recipient, New England Chapter of Meeting Professionals International (2010)
- Author, "It's all about the ROI" - Special Events Magazine (May/June 2010); "The CSEP: Certifications Prove Industry Knowledge" - Special Events Magazine (September/October 2011)
- Guest Speaker, "Industry Associations" Bay State College Hospitality Program (2009 & 2011) and Endicott College (2010)
- Guest Panelist, "The Meeting Matrix" National Speakers Association New England Chapter Meeting (March 2012)
Bay State College Evening Division - Boston, MA
Adjunct Professor October 2011 - Present
- Courses include: Conference, Meeting and Event Planning; Food and Beverage Operations Special Event Management; Introduction to Hospitality; Hotel Operations.
- Engage students through interactive classroom instruction on best practices within the hospitality industry through lectures, group discussions, written and oral projects, assignments, guest speakers, use of multi-media resources, homework, and examinations.
- Provide hands-on training on meeting operations and answer participant questions on planning processes and techniques for students' success with clearly defined event and conference management learning objectives and concrete 'takeaways'.
- Mentor students on educational and professional career development strategies and opportunities.
- Plan and execute informative industry-driven training sessions for students with clearly defined event and conference management learning objectives and concrete 'takeaways'.
Marie Caci Meeting & Event Contractor - Boston, MA
Contract Manager January 2009 - Present
Provided event planning consulting and leadership management to clients, working closely with key constituencies to ensure needs were met with clear, transparent communications while driving strategic objectives.
PlannerNet (formerly PMPN) - Durham, North Carolina
- Attained coveted status as preferred senior planner to premier medical and software clients; provide specialized meeting planning services for tradeshows, meetings, meal functions, and off-site events in lodging/ convention centers in New England market.
- Stepped in to provide on-site event management and execution to resolve issues and ensure smooth event operations while providing leadership in events department.
On the Avenue Marketing Group - Boston, MA
- Field Marketing Manager conducting nationwide research and business development for premier client.
- Boosted brand awareness for client's products at marketing events by enticing prospective clients with compelling sales pitches.
- Increased merchandise sales through strategically hire of 20+ event staff at high-profile event.
Meeting Professionals International - New England Chapter
- Took over struggling chapter and provided operational oversight to ensure smooth financial bookkeeping and financial transactions with full fiscal accountability, handled registration for monthly education programs and one educational institute through Cvent, billing of newsletter and website advertising sales, and income management encompassing 600+ members and 16 board members while reporting to International.
- Fulfilled sponsorship agreements as well as managed in-kind donations; ensured that agreements were fully executed to provide partner benefits while fostering long-term relationships with suppliers to benefit association chapter with steady supply of donations to boost chapter revenues.
Milton Hospital Foundation Inc. - Milton, MA
- Successfully organized and executed 15th Annual Milton Hospital Tee Off Golf Tournament with $100,000 event sponsorship goal and $45,000 budget by cultivating relationships with constituents and committee members during challenging economic environment.
- Established successful marketing communications plan that fostered client trust and related specific sponsorship opportunities to potential donor interests while effectively streamlined production time by 2 months.
Boston Globe Media (New York Times Company) - Boston, MA
Marketing Events Manager   December 2005 - July 2008
Associate Event Planner December 1997 - December 2005
- Managed all planning, contracting, and on-site operations of marketing-focused events for 125+ business-to-business and consumer-facing events annually with $1,000,000 annual event budget.
- Hired, trained, mentored, and supervised two (2) full-time and 20+ part-time event staff including contractors and college and co-op students. Managed weekly payroll for all reports.
- Created and implemented streamlined system for career fair trade shows with average of 40 vendors and 1200 candidates that streamlined hiring process for vendors. Managed on-site registration, candidate and exhibitor relations, including pre-event correspondence, and $400,000 annual event budget.
- Successfully designed and implemented interactive event marketing campaigns which resulted in increased brand-awareness and attendance at trade show booths while generated sales leads and business development for products for key Boston Globe Media products and publications.
- Created and marketed successful events that increased consumer awareness and boosted advertising sales of product launches for: Sidekick, Design New England Magazine, Fashion Boston Section, LOLA Magazine, and Careers Sections and for Circulation Department's consumer acquisition and reader retention groups.
- Event management and production of the following notable events: The Boston Globe Jazz & Blues Festival; The Boston Globe Travel Show; Arts & Entertainment Weekend; Globe Magazine Best of the New Awards reception; Globe 100 Awards Breakfast; Salute to Nurses Awards Breakfast; The Boston Globe All Scholastics Award Ceremony; Target Children's Book Festival; NESN produced 10.0 live discussion forums; platinum sponsorship of Annual Northeast Human Resource Association (NEHRA) Invention Convention Conferences with Monster.com
- Prior experience working as coordinator for on-site promotions and publicity for venues throughout New England region; promotions manager within broadcasting setting; high-end suite marketing for large public arenas; and several event staff roles serving guest relations in New England venues.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- George Washington University (Washington, DC, Candidate for Masters of Tourisn Administration Degree; Concentration in Event and Meeting Management
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) Certification December 2014
- Regis College (Weston, MA) BA Degree in Communications; Concentration in Marketing and Promotions
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) Certification February 2010
- CPCE (Certified Professional Catering Executive) Certified Designation February 2010
- CSEP (Certified Special Events Professional) Certified Designation September 2010
- Attended Industry Conferences:
- Meeting Professional International: Meet Different January 2009
- Meeting Professional International: World Education Congress July 2009 & 2010
- International Special Events Society: Eventworld August 2009
- The Special Event January 2010
AFFLIATIONS / INVOLVEMENT:
- Director of PR and Partnerships - ISES (International Special Events Society) New England Chapter (2011-2012)
- Advisory Board Committee Member - International Special Events Society Editorial Pages (2010-2011)
- Director of Education (2010-11) and Director of Communications (2009-10) ISES New England Chapter
- Co-Chair Retention Committee Member - MPI New England Chapter (2009-2010)